The best Joy School teachers are those who’ve had considerable experience teaching and caring for young children. Many in-home commercial Joy School teachers are former elementary or preschool teachers. Some have taught Joy School as a co-op with other mothers and got their teaching experience that way. Some have had experience teaching children in church or other settings. The most important qualifications of a Joy School operator are:
- an understanding and appreciation of the Joy School curriculum
- experience working with children and a good natural rapport with children
- an ability to work well with parents
- good organizational skills and basic computer skills
- a sincere desire to provide a wonderful preschool experience to children and to involve their parents in their preschool education
Click here to see the Joy School Application and instructions.